Monday, August 30, 2010

Numbered days ...






the days are numbered ...
my mother-in-law is arriving on Wednesday night
for a five night stay
*gulp*
translation ...
lots to do

lots and lots to do ...
like all the housecleaning i have been putting off
and the pile of laundry

i have been spending my free time ...
after the kids are in bed working on things for my fall show
... that i have yet to commit to a date on
*sigh*

okay i will be honest
i have been sitting, usually watching horrible reality t.v,
while occasionally working on some things
horrible i know


are you guys reality t.v junkies?

you see we just got cable a few months ago ... i know ...
and now
it is not good ...
 before cable i would turn some music on and get things done
now i find myself pausing before going to get the second
load of laundry because i want to see
what happens between Bethany and Jason Hoppy
on Bethany is getting married?
it's getting ridiculous.

but you see I'm married to a romantic ...
a man who would much rather sit and spend his time reading
Ted Kooser
or actually doing something productive with his time
than watching Real Housewives of DC...
a man who has had a t-shirt that has read
 ... kill your t.v

*sigh*
double *sigh*

but you know
lately ...

i am beginning to realize that perhaps the whole
...  kill your t.v thing ...
might not be a bad idea

*sigh*

at least then i would be able to finish something
or perhaps it is just like
the saying goes ...

all things in moderation



yep ...
i think that is it

all things in moderation

tonight ... no t.v
i must work

i must have self control !
xo

p.s    i know i promised a giveaway last week
how about you leave me a comment on what t.v show is your guilty
pleasure... ( just to make me feel better )
and from your comments i will draw a winner.

ooo ooo how about a grapevine pumpkin as a prize!

you can check out the grapevine pumpkin here















6 comments:

  1. I hate to admit it but I watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Up With the Kardashians AND all of the Real Housewives shows (except now my husband watches them with me and we laugh and laugh at how ridiculous they all are!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love junk tv! Guilty pleasure paradise. Some of my favs: Project Runway, all the Housewives, used to check out the Nanny shows and Wife Swap. Sometimes you just need a little escape - its cheaper than an airplane ticket and healthier than a six pack, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Bachelor and Bachelorette junkie...sick I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did cancel our cable. And I feel like a better person for it. I do get jealous listening to everyone talk about their reality tv.

    There's not a reality tv show worse than Jersey Shore....and yes...I watched every episode :/ bad,bad,bad. Like watching a train wreck, just can't look away, how much worse could it get? Then it would always get worse.

    Now that we don't have cable I will watch shows on hulu, which is very inconvenient, so I rarely do it. I just recently started reading...even if it is Harry Potter or Anne Rice, still more stimulating than Real Housewives :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ask my 5 year old son, he can tell you my favorite show is 'Housewives.' But don't worry- he's never seen it. That hour is all mine, alone. And I love it.

    ReplyDelete